Outdoor Movies, The Lyric
We've opened a bike-in outdoor screen on our big back lawn we’re calling “The Great Outdoors”. Check out the movies and showtimes and rules and regulations below! Movies start about a half hour after the advertised showtime.
Blade Runner - The Final Cut
May 17 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
A blade runner must pursue and terminate four replicants who stole a ship in space, and have returned to Earth to find their creator.
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
May 18 | 8:00pm | $7
The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.
Alien - 40th Anniversary
May 24 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
After a space merchant vessel perceives an unknown transmission as a distress call, its landing on the source moon finds one of the crew attacked by a mysterious life-form, and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.
Pillow Talk - Doris Day Remembrance Screening
May 25 | 8:15pm | $7 GA
In remembrance of Doris Day, we'll be playing one of her best films, Pillow Talk, on our outdoor screen! We'll be giving a dollar from each ticket sold to her charitable organization, The Doris Day Animal Foundation as well!
Artifishal - FREE Screening
Tickets are available starting May 20th.
Artifishal is a film about people, rivers, and the fight for the future of wild fish and the environment that supports them. It explores wild salmon’s slide toward extinction, threats posed by fish hatcheries and fish farms, and our continued loss of faith in nature.
May 31 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Ellen Ripley is rescued by a deep salvage team after being hypersleep for 57 years. The moon that the Nostromo visited has been colonized, but contact is lost. This time, colonial marines have impressive firepower, but will that be enough?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sing & Quote-Along!
June 1 | 8:30pm | $7
Do you know every line from The Holy Grail from watching the VHS tape over and over again in your parent's basement in high school? PROVE IT! We're hosting a Sing and Quote Along version of the movie.
EVERY Harry Potter Movie!
Wednesdays at 8:30pm starting June 5th | $7 each or $40 for the Potter Pass!
Wizards and Muggles rejoice! Join The Lyric every Wednesday in June and July for all eight Harry Potter films on our outdoor screen! All screenings start at 8:30pm with the film beginning about a half hour later, and tickets are just $7! Want to come to ALL the films? You can buy Potter Pass to get a ticket to each showing for just $40! Don't forget to bring a blanket and your FM radio since these screenings are all on our back lawn!
June 7 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.
June 8 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
It's hard to beat Jurassic Park on the big screen, and we're playing it on the biggest one we've got; outside on our back lawn!
Knock Down the House - FREE Screening!
June 14 | 8:30pm | FREE
Tickets are available starting June 7th!
A look at the people involved with various political campaigns during the 2018 U.S. congressional election, including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!
Hereditary - FREE Screening!
June 29th | 8:30pm | FREE w/ Midsommar ticket, $5 otherwise
We're so excited to see Ari Aster's new film, Midsommar, that we're having a FREE outdoor screening of Hereditary to celebrate! The only catch is you must purchase tickets to our July 2nd premiere screening of Midsommar to get your free ticket. Otherwise, tickets are $5. Free tickets are only available at the box office!
Midsommar - PREMIERE Screening
July 2 | 8:30pm | $9.50 GA, $7.50 Students/Seniors
Check back for details on our special premiere screening of Midsommar!
The film follows a couple (played by Jack Reynor and Florence Pugh) who travel to Sweden to visit their friend’s rural hometown, which is famous for its mid-summer festival. But what begins as an idyllic vacation soon turns into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.
July 4 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
There is no better way to celebrate America's independence than by watching Will Smith kick some alien ass.
July 5 & 6 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
The movie that epitomizes Fourth of July weekend is screening on our outdoor screen this Fourth of July weekend!
July 13 | 8:30pm | $10 GA, $8 Students & Seniors
Join The Lyric for a special OUTDOOR screening of BITE ME, a fictional movie about people in a real-life vampire subculture! The screening is part of a nation-wide screening tour that we've been promised will involve capes, cocktails, and a Vampire Ball... so come in costume!
July 19 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil's popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.
UHF - 30th Anniversary
July 20 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Come dressed in your best Weird Al costumes!
An unemployed visionary becomes the manager of a local public station. The station becomes a success, with all sorts of hilarious sight gags and wacky humor.
Rules and things to know:
General Things to Know:
• Movies start right around dusk.
• We’ll be playing both current in-release films as well as classic titles and events.
• Ticket prices vary depending on the screening or event.
• For most screenings, we’ll have a mobile bar and concessions stand set up outside for your convenience.
• If inclement weather is in the forecast, we might cancel a screening the morning or early afternoon of, otherwise, the show goes on rain or shine.
• No refunds. An exception would be if you purchased advanced tickets to a show that was canceled.
• Only cards (including Lyric gift cards!) are accepted at the mobile bar. If you need to pay in cash, you can inside.
• Bringing your garbage to the designated trash cans is always appreciated!
• Keep both your ticket and your wristband you get upon entry as they may be checked.
• If we catch you sneaking in, we reserve the right to kick you out or charge you double to stay.
• Our parking lot fills up quick. You can park at Jax or Ken's Muffler OR on Hickory Street. Or ride your bike!
• FM Radio
• We’re using FM radios to get the sound to your ears. You should bring one along with you or you can rent one from our limited supply.
• Radios are $4 to rent for the night. We'll take an ID as collateral. The cost for a lost or damaged radio is $25.
• A place to sit
• A nice, big beach blanket would probably be the best, or you can just chill on the lawn.
• For the time being we’re allowing low-rise lawn chairs as well, but may have to revise that rule at a later date.
• Chairs from the patio need to stay on the patio.
• Weather appropriate clothing/accessories
• If it’s snowing out, you should probably bundle up!
• If it’s the middle of summer, don’t forget the bug spray!
• Your government issued ID… if you plan on imbibing.
• Lots of friends!
• We want to be able to pack the lawn and make it a party!
Things that aren’t allowed:
• Sorry! We even double-checked with the health department and it’s against health code to have animals on our lawn or patio. The lone exception is service animals.
• Outside food and drinks
• If found, these items will be confiscated and probably devoured by our staff. It’s safe to say you won’t get them back.
• We offer a wide array of things to sip and munch on at The Lyric. We know you can find something you’ll like here!
• Bringing alcohol beyond the rope boundaries of the lawn.
• Smoking or Vaping
• We’ve got a smoking area out front by College Ave where you can take a smoke break if needed.
• Glass on the lawn
• We’ll be slinging canned beers and wines so you can take those on the lawn with you.
• Listening to other radio stations or playing music on the lawn.
• We’ll be pumping in tunes before the movie starts, so don’t you worry about it!
• Hanky-Panky above a PG Rating